Since 1911, Children’s of Alabama has provided specialized medical care for ill and injured children, offering inpatient and outpatient services throughout central Alabama. Ranked among the best pediatric medical centers in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, Children’s provided care for youngsters from every county in Alabama, 45 other states and six foreign countries last year, representing more than 677,000 outpatient visits and more than 15,000 inpatient admissions. With more than 2 million square feet, Children’s is the third largest pediatric medical facility in the U.S. More information is available at childrensal.org.
• The only free-standing pediatric hospital in Alabama.
• One of the 10 busiest pediatric hospitals in the nation.
• One of the top 20 employers in Alabama with more than 5,000 employees across the state.
• The only pediatric hospital in the southeastern U.S. to offer paired solid organ transplants.
• In 2017, year Children’s has more than 650,000 patient visits to our clinics and nearly 14,000 patient.
• Children’s is a world-class cancer center and treats more than 90 percent of all children diagnosed with cancer and blood disorders in Alabama.
• Many of Children’s sub-specialties were ranked in the U.S. News & World Report’s Best Children’s Hospitals edition.
• Children’s is a private, not-for-profit hospital and treats all children regardless of their family’s ability to pay.
• Since the opening of the Russell Building, Children’s has added heart, liver and kidney transplant to its services.
The Children's Ball .